Thursday, April 7, 2011

Grid Model

<Apr 7 2011 21:55> Now that my project evaluation got a bit extended, and since I feel like doing a little more, I am looking to simulate greedy routing on Klienberg's grid based model. The challenges here are a little more - greedy routing needs to know the source and destination, and each time I need to forward the packet to the nearest neighbour. The thing is, when we say nearest, it automatically asks for the distance metric that we are using. Klienberg's uses the Euclidean distance between the nodes as the distance metric. This would mean given two nodes of the graph, I should be able to calculate the distance between them. This is quite easy, especially since you are working with python. (See this!). I also have to make a presentation, but the theoretical work for this project was mainly done earlier and so, I can use most of that presentation.

Now, network-x generates the grid graph in an easy to use manner so that the node labels are the co-ordinates of the point. This means calculating the distance between two points is very easy. Even other wise, I could always use the shortest_path_length().

No comments:

Post a Comment